BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment time and re-confirm your appointment 1 to 2 working days in advance. If you have been in hospital with cardiac related symptoms since your last visit please advise our reception staff before your appointment, so we may obtain the appropriate information from the hospital. Please also advise us if you are unwell, or have new symptoms or a new problem since your last visit.
A Patient Details and History Form will need to be filled out prior to your appointment. For expedience, you can download, print, and fill out the form in advance. Please present this form to Reception upon arrival.Download Patient Details & History Form
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING TO ALL APPOINTMENTS:
- Your recent referral, Medicare, HCC/Pension and Health Fund membership cards.
- NOTE: New referrals are required on a yearly basis from your GP or if you have a new condition. Specialist referrals are only valid for 3 months. If you are unable to provide a current referral then you will receive a lower reimbursement from Medicare.
- IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to PHYSICALLY bring your medications, herbal medications, supplements and vitamins to be checked by our Nursing staff.
- Any chest x-ray or scan films you have had since your last visit.
- Full payment is appreciated at the time of service. We provide Eftpos, Credit Card, cheque, and cash facilities for your convenience. You are able to obtain partial reimbursement from Medicare either in person, by mail, telephone or internet. Please discuss alternative arrangements with us prior to your appointment if the account cannot be settled at the time of consultation.
- Wherever possible, we believe in not causing out of pocket expenses for inpatients who have elected to be cared for as private patients. We charge ‘no gap’ fees to your health fund for inpatient services, wherever these exist.
HOW LONG WILL YOUR APPOINTMENT TAKE?
- Please allow 1-1½ hours for follow up appointments and 1½-2 hours for new patient appointments. Actual consultation times will vary and are dependent on the clinical situation.
- While we endeavour to run to time, our priority is to give each patient the best possible health care. If waiting is a problem for you, please notify our receptionist.